HOME/Ducati 900 SD Engine
15 June 2015 by Harné Heuvelman
An abandoned customer project, this rebuild 900 SD Darmah engine is for sale! Engine no. 902874 (1979) was completely rebuild by us to the following specifications:
- Crankshaft rebuild using an original con-rod kit with new oversize crank pin.
- Used Borgo pistons Ø86,4mm with new rings, fitted to newly bored and honed cylinders.
- Standard 6-dog gearbox.
- Kickstart shaft as original for a 1979 Darmah engine, but removed the starter motor and fitted a newly produced 900 Super Sport style clutch cover.
- Crankcase, cylinders and heads sandblasted. Covers polished. All new zinc-plated screws.
- Cylinder heads are lightly flowed, larger valves (38mm inlet, 42mm exhaust) fitted. 900 Super Sport inlet manifolds flowed and fitted for which the studs were widened to 58mm distance. Dell'Orto PHM40 carburettors to be used (not included). Be aware that with the 'straight' inlet manifold on the rear cylinder, the carburettor will not fit in a standard Darmah engine with the large battery.
- New Bosch pick-ups fitted inside the clutch cover, although we could supply an upgraded digital electronic ignition system as an option.
- New Dell'Orto PHM40A carburettors (+ €700)
- Complete digital electronic igntion system (+ €350)